Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Accomplishing Goals

I have accomplished a few of the goals and activities that I planned at the beginning of this semester: 

In terms of flow, I think I still have a long way to go before I can speak without taking long pauses to think. I am very happy to say that I was able to go to language table this month, as I determined in my goals. As for practicing with a friend, there are few opportunities, so this is still a goal I should continuously try to achieve. 
I think I have a pretty decent grasp of pronunciation. To really pronounce words and put them together like a natural, practice seems to be the only way to improve, so I will continue to do shadowing of the textbook dialogue for further PE assignments. So far I was only able to do it for the most recent shadowing PE assignment. 
To improve my intonation, I said I would practice shadowing anime every week, but that has not been feasible because of how busy I am. However, I continue to shadow anime every time a PE is assigned, and will continue to do so. I think I will revise this goal by instead repeating phrases out loud from the textbook as I study. In addition, I will try to listen to the textbook dialogue from Speak Everywhere and repeat when I have time. 
I have started to watch a 新しいアニメ called 「ユーリ!!! on ICE」to improve my listening skills. However, I watched all the newest episodes in one sitting, which I believe doesn't help in the long term, so from now on I will try to just watch one per week to get a consistent exposure to Japanese. 

4 comments:

  1. 初めまして。おげんきですか。わたしはジェフーです。コロンビアだいがくのがくせいです。プリンストンだいがくはどんなだいがくですか。[新しいアニメ]はえいごでなんですか。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. はじめました。どうぞよろしく!プリンストンはとても立派で、綺麗な大学です。[新しいアニメ]はえいごで「new anime」です。

      Delete
  2. がんばってください!
    アニメを見らないだけど、毎日NHKのラジオを聞きますよ。
    いいれんしゅうですよ!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ありがとうございます!どんなラジオを聞きますか。

      Delete